BREAKING NEWS

Best of Poetry: IF I HAVE A CHOICE


If I have a choice
I will become a baby again
So I can enjoy the warmth
Of my mother’s bosom
Then I wouldn’t have to struggle
With unripe mangoes
But feed on sumptuous milk

If I have a choice
I will be a child again
So that my heart won’t be reservoir
Of bitterness
Neither will my conscience
Be littered about with un forgiveness

If I have a choice
I will turn some men into women
Just for a while
So they can appreciate the pains
Of menstruation
And cease to grumble on why
The sisters get more monthly stipend


If I have a choice
I will not marry o
So I won’t have to baby-sit
A woman’s load of troubles
Especially the nagging part
But I feel like crying knowing
I don’t have such a powerful choice


Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Welcome to SAMBISA. Designed by OddThemes